For about a month now I had misplaced my camera, so I am just now back with pictures!
The boys have had a wonderful summer home with Daddy! It is just going by so fast...only about three and half weeks and school will be back in full swing.
This summer has been busy with house renovations, potty training, and baseball games.
They are just growing up so fast! They are so handsome & such sweet boys!
For the 4th of July weekend we went to visit the Ragsdale & Freeman family in Louisville, KY. The fun included a birthday dinner at Olive Garden for Amy & I...yum!
Yard Sale & Swimming
and of course playing with our sweet niece Olivia...
I couldn't get either of them to keep their eyes open for the picture!
Isaiah in his Pledge of Allegiance - Flag Shirt

Then Sunday afternoon before heading home I got cuddle & nap time with both Isaiah & Olivia...there is nothing sweeter than having two sleeping angels in your lap!
Of course I also have to mention Sunday church at Southeast Christian Church. The Master's Men - all men's choir, sang a beautiful song titled, "Because of the Brave."
Then we had a treat as Max Lucado was the guest speaker.
He gave a very insightful sermon on Matthew 8: 23-27
Why do we fear?
A few of his points...
"The storms roared, Jesus snored, the disciples screamed, Jesus dreamed"
Fear causes us to question the very character of God, and in turn we often will try to control something, someone, or some aspect of our lives, in turn creating more unrest & chaos as we have taken the control from God. Fear can also cause us to become bitter, manipulative, and mean.
The Bible has the root word sizemous (spelling?) only two other times in Matthew...
Calm during the storm - Victory over fear
Christ's Death - Victory over sin
Christ's Resurrection - Victory over death
Have you ever slept through a roller coaster ride, a kettle drum concert, in a wind tunnel...Christ did...that is perfect peace...not fear.
I probably did not summarize the sermon as eloquently as Max Lucado presented it, but I can tell you it was a very powerful sermon that really stops & makes one think about how fear is impacting your life...at least it did me.
We also were able to visit with our niece & nephew, Josh & Krystal, which I am afraid may become more rare as they grow up and sprout the wings of adulthood. We love them so much & pray for God's guidance as they make that transition into the world of responsibility from the carefree days of youth, that God will grant them wisdom, christian friends and mentors, and to know their mission & calling in life!
Krystal was admitted to the hospital just before we left Sunday viral meningitis. Please pray for a quick and complete recovery in the days & weeks ahead.
We hope your 4th of July and summer has been a wonderful time for family, reflection, and growing in God...enjoy each day to its fullest!










No comments:
Post a Comment