Monday, July 20, 2009

Our 10th Anniversary (July 17th)

July 17th at 2:00pm est, Nate & I have officially been married 10 years.

Some people tell their stories through pictures, as I usually do on our blog, but our story could be told through music...so I searched YouTube and found some versions of "our songs" to share with you...we hope you enjoy!

We could not fathom the blessings and trials that would come in 10 years thankfully the blessings have far surpassed the trials and God has been with us leading us on our journey through these years.

'Will You Love Jesus More' by Phillips, Craig, & Dean. We want nothing more for our children, family, and those that cross our paths, that by knowing us and the testimony God has given us, that they will truly love Jesus more...

Will You Love Jesus More by Phillips, Craig & Dean
I feel quite sure if I did my best
I could maybe impress you
With tender words and a harmony
A clever rhyme or two
But if all I've done in the time we've shared
Is turn your eyes on me
Then I've failed at what I've been called to do
There's someone else I want you to see
[CHORUS]
Will you love Jesus more
When we go our different ways
When this moment is a memory
Will you remember His face
Will you look back and
sensed His love more than you did before
I'd pray for nothing less
Than for you to love Jesus more
I'd like to keep these memories
In frames of gold and silver
And reminisce a year from now
About the smiles we've shared
But above all else I hope you will come
To know the Father's love
When you see the Lord face to face
You'll hear Him say "well done"
[REPEAT CHORUS TWICE]
I'd pray for nothing less
Than for you to love Jesus more

At our wedding Nate's brother sang this song, by Stephen Curtis Chapman...I Will Be Here...it has been the story of our love and marriage, since the beginning...

I Will Be Here by Steven Curtis Chapman

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear,
I, I will be here.
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear
‘Cause I, I will be here.
I will be here
When you feel like being quiet,
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen,
And I will be here.
When the laughter turns to crying
Through the winnin’, losin, and tryin’,
We’ll be together,
‘Cause, I will be here.
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the future is unclear,
I, I will be here.
As sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years
So I, I will be here.
I will be here,
You can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we’re older
I will hold you,
And I will be here,
To watch you grow in beauty and
Tell you all the things you are to me,
‘Cause, I will be here.
I will be true to the promise
I have made
To you and to the one who gave you to me
I, I will be here
And just as sure as the seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I, I will be here,
We’ll be together,
I will be here.
For our Anniversary we went to Nashville, TN and had dinner at the Caney Fork Fish Camp (thank you Amanda & Randy for keeping the boys). We had great food, but the treat was in the music. A Bluegrass/Country group playing Guitar, Banjo, and Stand-up Bass & singing. They sang, 'I'll Fly Away', 'In the sweet by and by', and 'I saw the light', after that they came to our section and asked for requests.

Nate asked if they had an anniversary song, they said they had a perfect bluegrass songs for a couple from Kentucky. The couple serenaded us with the Banjo player singing back up, it was such a sweet moment...so now we have a new song to add to our story...

Ocean of Diamonds by Jimmy Martin

Some people drink champagne out under the stars
While others drink wine leaning over a bar
But all that I need dear to make me feel fine
Is to know that your love will forever be mine
I'd give an ocean of diamonds or a world filled with flowers
To hold you closely for just a few hours
Hear you whisper softly that you love me too
Would change all of the dark clouds to the bluest of blue
I don't drink their champagne and I don't drink their wine
So if you refuse me my poor heart will pine
I'll be so lonely till the day that I die
And as long as I live dear you'll still hear me cry
I'd give an ocean of diamonds or a world filled with flowers
To hold you closely for just a few hours
Hear you whisper softly that you love me too
Would change all of the dark clouds to the bluest of blue
(this isn't the group that sang to us, but a similar version of the song)
We hope you have enjoyed another small glimpse into our lives, story, and testimony!
May God richly protect & bless the marriages of those we know.
Happy Anniversary to the Johnsons & Watkins who also celebrated their 10 year anniversaries on July 17th!!!!! For you all, one of my favorite love songs...
Would You Go With Me by Josh Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment